- Please try to arrive to class at least 10 minutes before the start time to settle in. Feel free to come sooner and grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable!
- It is best not to eat 2 hours before class.
- Please turn off and store any cell phone or other noise-making devices prior to class.
- Please do not leave during our final relaxation (Savasana) as this disrupts others' practice. If you must leave early, please leave quietly before relaxation begins.
- Do not wear perfumes or strong scents, other students may be sensitive to scents.
- Please keep conversations low-key.
- Check your shoes and competitive mind-set at the door. This practice is a time to step away from distraction and focus inward.
- Honor and respect your body and limitations.
- Always feel free to ask questions!
What to Expect:
Arrive a few minutes early, especially on your first visit to ensure enough time to fill out a New Student Form/Waiver and discuss any concerns/injuries with the instructor.
Coda Yoga functions on a drop-in basis, no need to sign up for sessions, reserve classes ahead of time or commit to a membership. Come on in and pay as you go!
Our classes are either 60 or 75 minutes long and include beginning breathwork, warm-ups, standing postures, seated postures, and a final relaxation called Savasana. (Try not to leave before this, it's the best part!) During class, instructors often demonstrate postures as well as administer adjustments to ensure your physical practice is done safely and effectively. Additionally, on occasion, essential oils or balms may be administered to the back of the neck during our relaxation time as an added bonus to help ease tension and increase relaxation. Please discuss any concern with adjustments or oils/balms with the instructor prior to class.
We hope you find our classes to be beneficial to you and that you find Coda Yoga Studio to be another "home" away from home.